Santa Barbara College Library
- Creation Date:
- [circa 1953-1958]
- Libraries, Lawns, and Students
- Goleta (Calif.)
- photographs and photographic prints
Date supplied by library staff.
Title from label on back.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
Surrounded by broad lawns, the Santa Barbara College Library building reflects an architectural style which is contemporary and yet in keeping with the Spanish heritage of the Santa Barbara area. The reading sundeck is on the second floor at the left. Loudspeakers on the building carry the tones of the electronic carillon which call students to classes. The TV aerial is used in conjunction with a television set in the library's audio-visual classroom. The building was designed for expansion with a second unit.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 21 x 26 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D. Goleta Campus
- Library: Construction: Unit I and II exterior, 1953-1988
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.