Photograph of 16th century illuminated manuscript choir book
- Creation Date:
- [circa 1962-1995]
- Documents and Typescripts
- photographs and photographic prints
From caption on back "An illuminated manuscript Bible, Latin, of Spanish origin, late 13th Century. Presented by James II, King of Aragon (1291-1327). Came to University Library, UCSB as part of Foot Purchase. Have two other medieval manuscript Bibles also obtained in Foot Purchase. All these volumes are in Department of Special Collections, in the University Library."
Title and date supplied by library staff.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
This is a 16th Century illuminated manuscript Choir Book. Has Southern Germanic figure style with Italian influences especially in the floral borders. This was a gift to the University Library, UCSB from Miss Margaret Conklin.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 21 x 26 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D. Goleta Campus
- Library: Special Collections: Special Collections – Misc. materials, people
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.