Drill steamer being awarded to Company D of Santa Barbara College ROTC Battalion
- Pitcher, Jim (Photographer)
- Creation Date:
- [circa 1952-1957]
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps, Santa Barbara College, Military officers, Military parades & ceremonies, and Cadets
- Goleta (Calif.)
- photographic prints and photographs
Title supplied by library staff from caption on back. Date from finding aid.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
Col Clarence G. Hupfer (left) from Hq. III Corps, Ft. MacArthur, presents the Drill Streamer to Company D of the Santa Barbara College ROTC Battalion, commanded by Cadet Captain Richard Metzger (center). The Drill Streamer was awarded to the best marching company at a review held on the Mesa Campus 14 May in connection with the Annual Federal Inspection. Col. Hupfer was the senior officer of the inspection team. With Colonel Hupfer is Cadet Lt. Col. Raynor Marrison, the ROTC Battalion Commander. The Guidon Bearer (right) is Capt Cpl Richard Lorden.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 21 x 26 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D. Goleta Campus
- Departments: Military Science / ROTC Department, c. 1952-1957
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.