The Carpinteria Chronicle (Carpinteria, California) was first published in 1933 under the ownership of W. L. Davis Jr. The paper was sold to Ann Waynflete of Tulare County, California. The newspaper issues held by the UC Santa Barbara Library range from February, 1933 to February, 1939. Coverage includes school segregation in the Carpinteria Valley in the 1930s, and the construction of the Aliso School for Mexican children in 1933-1934. Linn Unkefer, of Carpinteria, California served as editor of the Chronicle from 1933 until its change of ownership.